What Are Mosquitoes?
The mosquito is a type of fly that regularly turns our yards into its feeding and breeding ground. These flies swarm together and have the unmatched ability to ruin outdoor events. Female mosquitoes are most problematic because they are the ones that bite us and feed on our blood. No one can be comfortable when constantly being bitten by mosquitoes.
Just like people flock to Florida because of our weather, so do mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are most active in warm, humid weather, making Florida a place these pests grow into hard-to-manage populations.
Need To Get Rid of Mosquitoes? Schedule a Free Estimate
Are Mosquitoes Dangerous?
During their short life, female mosquitoes feed on a variety of hosts. As they feed, they can acquire various disease-causing pathogens and spread them to the next animal or person they use as a food source.
While not every mosquito carries a disease that makes people sick, some do. Controlling mosquito populations is helpful in preventing the spread of diseases to you, your family, and your neighbors.
Why Do I Have a Mosquito Problem?
Mosquitoes are some of the most hated backyard pests. They are a problem for you and your family because most of our Florida yards are places mosquitoes can thrive. Properties with or close to areas of standing water are most susceptible to large mosquito infestations because female mosquitoes lay their eggs on top of standing water.
Where Will I Find Mosquitoes?
Breeding sites and resting spots are where mosquitoes gather in their largest numbers. They are most active at dawn and dusk, making these two times of day particularly difficult to comfortably spend time outside.
In our yards, the following things provide mosquitoes with a place to lay their eggs and give the adults daytime resting spots:
- Tall grass, shrubs, and bushes
- Tree hollows and tree stumps
- Brush piles or leaf piles
- Spaces under decks
- Buckets, wading pools, plant pots
- Dripping outdoor fixtures or hoses
How Do I Get Rid of Mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes aren’t a pest that will magically disappear, but by partnering with a professional, you can control their numbers and enjoy your yard anytime you want!
Protect your family from disease-spreading mosquitoes with the help of the professionals at Trad’s Pest Control. Our highly trained mosquito professionals will inspect your property, searching for areas of your yard that attract mosquitoes. They will then perform the effective home pest control treatments necessary to eliminate adults, larvae, and breeding sites from your Florida property.
Learn more about our proactive and effective mosquito control services by reaching out today.
Let Us Help You Get Rid of Mosquitoes Schedule a Free Estimate
How Can I Prevent Mosquitoes In The Future?
To help you make your yard less hospitable to unwanted mosquitoes, we want to provide you with the following mosquito prevention strategies.
- Make sure your yard has good drainage and isn’t retaining rainwater.
- Repair leaky outdoor fixtures and dripping air conditioners that allow water to pool under them.
- Store containers upside down that will collect rainwater.
- Keep your gutters clear of debris that will allow water to collect.
- Keep your grass cut short and cut back shrubs and bushes that could provide resting spots for mosquitoes.
- If you own a pool, make sure it is properly maintained.
- Regularly empty and refill pet water bowls, wading pools, and birdbaths.