What Are Cockroaches?
Cockroaches are common household pests that we all wish weren't so common. Seeing just one of these oval-shaped insects in your home should alert you to a problem. If there is one, there are likely dozens or hundreds more close by that you don't see.
Florida is a place where cockroaches live quite successfully; our warm, humid climate allows them to thrive, and our many homes and businesses provide them with all the food and shelter they could ever want.
Need To Get Rid of Cockroaches? Schedule a Free Estimate
Are Cockroaches Dangerous?
Cockroaches are insects that people love to hate, and with good reason! Cockroaches invade indoor and outdoor spaces in large numbers, are difficult to control, and cause many health risks.
- Cockroaches trigger allergies and asthma attacks.
- On their bodies, they carry and transmit disease-causing pathogens.
- They contaminate our food with bacteria that cause gastrointestinal issues in people.
Why Do I Have a Cockroach Problem?
Cockroaches have become a problem in your Florida home because they have found a way inside on their own or were brought indoors in something like a box, potted plant, piece of firewood, grocery bag, or secondhand piece of furniture.
It is very important to understand that cockroaches can find a way into any of our homes; their presence is not an indicator of anyone's housekeeping skills. Never be embarrassed that cockroaches have found a way into your house; Get the best pest control in Jacksonville now!
Where Will I Find Cockroaches?
Cockroaches live in Florida both outside and inside; their preferred habitat depends on the species:
- German cockroaches are the most common cockroach species you'll find in our Florida homes and businesses. They have adapted to mainly living indoors and moving from place to place in our belongings.
- Oriental and American cockroaches live outside in gardens, on trees, near trash piles, and in sewers and drains. These roaches often find their way into our homes through openings they discover as they search for food and water. Once inside, if our homes offer them access to food and moisture, they will stay.
- Australian cockroaches prefer to live outdoors and rarely move into our homes. Our yards provide the perfect place for these roaches to gather. Areas behind tree bark, in garden beds, brush piles, or woodpiles are places we regularly discover these roaches.
How Do I Get Rid of Cockroaches?
Here at Trad's Pest Control, we are committed to our community and protecting the people in Northeast Florida from cockroaches. We provide our customers with effective and hassle-free support through our free inspections and premier cockroach control services.
At Trad's Pest Control, our highly trained professionals will provide the effective treatments necessary to get rid of all the cockroaches that have found their way indoors. Learn more about our Jacksonville home pest control or commercial pest control plans by speaking with one of our helpful and knowledgeable professionals today!
Let Us Help You Get Rid of Cockroaches Schedule a Free Estimate
How Can I Prevent Cockroaches In The Future?
To help you guard your home against dangerous and unwanted cockroaches, we want to provide you with the following cockroach prevention strategies:
- Store food out of the reach of cockroaches by keeping it in containers with airtight lids or in the fridge.
- Remove crumbs and other food debris by regularly vacuuming floors and upholstered furniture.
- Routinely pull out and clean behind large appliances like oven ranges and refrigerators.
- Limit eating to your kitchen and dining areas to prevent crumbs from spreading throughout your house.
- Remove areas of clutter where cockroaches can hide.
- Always inspect secondhand items and deliveries for cockroaches and seal spaces in your home's exterior walls to help keep them out of your home.