Many agree — rodents in Jacksonville are some of the peskiest pests around. They can cause extensive damage to your home and can also spread harmful diseases. Trad’s Pest Control will take a closer look at rodents in Jacksonville and discuss the different methods used to control the different types. We’ll also go over how to spot the signs of an infestation, and how pest control in Jacksonville can help you keep them away for good. If you have any concerns about a rodent infestation in your home, read on.
What Kinds Of Animals Can Be Classified As Rodents?
Most people think of rats and mice when they hear the word “rodent,” but there are actually many different animals that can be classified as rodents. This includes squirrels, chipmunks, beavers, porcupines, and more. All rodents have long front teeth, which they use for gnawing and chewing.
There are three main types of common rodents in Jacksonville: rats, mice, and squirrels.
- Rats: Rats are some of the most common rodents in Jacksonville. They’re also some of the most destructive. Rats can cause a lot of damage to your home, and can also spread diseases. The two main rats in Florida are the roof rat and the Norway rat.
- Mice: Mice are smaller than rats, but they can still cause a lot of damage. They’re also known for being able to squeeze into small spaces. Florida mice include house mice and field mice.
- Squirrels: Squirrels are the largest type of rodent in Jacksonville. They’re mostly harmless, but can still cause some damage to your home if they get inside.
One attribute that all types of rodents share is their ability to gnaw on things, and they can cause a lot of damage to your home if they’re not controlled.
I See Gnaw Marks On My Food Packages. Could That Be Rodents?
What do squirrels eat? What do rats eat? What do field mice eat? The answer is: almost anything, especially human food they can find.
Yes, if you see gnaw marks on your food packages, rodents are likely the culprit. Rodents are attracted to food, and will often gnaw on packaging to get to the food inside. If you see gnaw marks on your food packages, be sure to check for other signs of an infestation, such as:
- Droppings: Rodents will leave small, black droppings wherever they go.
- Holes: Rodents will gnaw holes in walls and floors to get into your home.
- Noises: Rodents are nocturnal, so you may hear them scurrying around at night.
If you notice any of these signs, call a pest control service in Jacksonville like Trad’s Pest Control as soon as possible. Rodents can cause a lot of damage to your home, and can also spread diseases. The sooner you get rid of them, the better.
Does Rodent Control Differ Per Different Type Of Rodent?
Yes, rodent control can differ depending on the type of rodent you have. For example, rats and mice are controlled differently than squirrels. Squirrels are mostly harmless and generally stick to areas like attics rather than living spaces, so they can be controlled with live traps. Rats and mice, on the other hand, are much more destructive and can spread diseases. For these reasons, it’s important to call a pest control company in Jacksonville as soon as you suspect an infestation. Trad’s Pest Control will be able to identify the type of rodent you have and will use the appropriate Jacksonville rodent control methods to get rid of them.
What Can I Do About The Rodents In My Jacksonville Home?
If you have rodents in your Jacksonville home, the best thing you can do is call a pest control company. Trying to control rodents on your own can be difficult, and can often make the problem worse.
Our team at Trad’s Pest Control has the experience and knowledge to get rid of your rodent problem quickly and efficiently. We use a variety of different control methods, depending on the kinds of rodents you have, and will work with you to find a solution that fits your needs. Give us a call today, and let us help you get rid of rodents in your Jacksonville home for good.