Jacksonville is the most populated city in Florida, with over 850,000 residents. We enjoy gorgeous beaches, a variety of state and national parks, beautiful weather, and lovely historic homes. We are also home to a variety of bugs; biting midges, red fire ants, bees, chiggers, and cockroaches. These last are of special importance as an infestation of cockroaches causes many a homeowner distress and concern. Trad’s Pest control offers professional cockroach remedies to help you feel safe and secure.
Why You Do Not Want Cockroaches In Your Home
Cockroaches are disgusting, disease-bearing, and dangerous. According to the Center for Disease Control, they can spread salmonellosis, typhoid fever, cholera, gastroenteritis, dysentery, listeriosis, giardia, and E.coli infection.
Among other disgusting habits, cockroaches engage in the following:
- eat their own feces and leave traces of fecal matter in your home
- can carry diseases to humans, like salmonella
- can trigger asthma attacks
- have been known to nibble on the toenails of small children
- can leave an odor in your home that attracts more cockroaches
Our team at Trad’s Pest Control will thoroughly inspect your home, create a treatment plan, service your home, and remove these nasty pests.
We examine all the methods by which cockroaches can enter your home, including your home’s grounds. Then we create a barrier around the home to protect your family from further intruders.
We return regularly internally as well as externally to maintain the protection and to reinforce any potential new sources of entry.
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Infestation
Characteristics of cockroaches include a long flat body, long threadlike antenna, and a leathery protective layer. Here are signs that you may have cockroaches:
- Droppings: Cockroach droppings are a sure sign that you have an infestation. To identify cockroach droppings, remember that they resemble coffee grounds or brown rice.
- Smear Marks: In addition to droppings, cockroaches tend to leave streaks behind. These will also resemble coffee, but they will tend to stick on the counter. Eww.
- Stench or Unusual Odor: The smell most commonly referred to is that of black mold; musty and mildewy. Sometimes it may smell earthy, but the odor is sharp and offensive.
Other signs include eggs, shed skins, and living roaches scattering on the counter or the floor. Call us to help you keep your home safe and healthy!
How To Get A Cockroach-Free Home
Here are some ways to deter cockroaches:
- Try to avoid leaving dirty dishes out.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop your kitchen and dining floors regularly.
- Inspect and seal off all of the exterior cracks and openings.
- Control the vegetation around your property, so it is not touching your home’s exterior. Bugs like to hide in plants and shrubbery.
Cockroaches like snug spots in your home like in the nooks of couches, between chair cushions, and even inside the housing of televisions. Keep an eye on these spaces as you clean. Also, be sure to inspect firewood for freeloading roaches trying to hitch a ride into your home. Trad’s Pest Control team can help you be aware of any and all vulnerable areas in your home during the inspection and upkeep pest control visits.
Keep Cockroaches Out With These Simple Tips
If you have a cockroach infestation that’s well underway, it may be difficult to rid them on your own. However, there are some preventative measures you can take to ensure your home is less attractive to roaches:
- Store food inside airtight containers.
- Wash all surfaces after cooking.
- Rinse off recycling before disposal.
Being vigilant about crumbs, cleaning, and congress points along with our top rate service plan will ensure that these bugs stay away. Trad’s Pest Control’s Integrated Pest Management strategies stop cockroaches at the source and prevent them from returning in the future. Reach out to us today to learn more about our cockroach control options.