There are estimated to be more than 40,000 different species of spiders that exist in the world today. Spiders are predatory arachnids with eight legs that are equipped with fangs and venom that they use to subdue their prey. Some of the most common house spiders found in the Jacksonville region include the American house spider, black and yellow garden spiders, black widow spiders, and brown recluse spiders.
Which Spiders Found In Homes In The Area Are Dangerous?
The vast majority of common house spiders pose a minimal risk to human health; however, the brown recluse and the black widow have venom that may cause severe allergic reactions among some people. The majority of spiders are rather solitary creatures that are unlikely to be aggressive toward humans.
Five Tips Regarding What Will Keep Spiders Away From Your Home
Some of the best practices for preventing spiders are as follows:
- If you notice webs, use a vacuum cleaner or other safe and effective means of removal to discourage these pests from remaining.
- Assess the exterior of the property for points that are likely to allow entry. Repair torn screens, apply weatherstripping around the seals of windows and fill any cracks or crevices in the foundation with a durable caulk or sealant.
- Keeping bugs that spiders prey upon away from the premises is critical; therefore, limit bright outdoor lighting, particularly near entryways that tend to attract many flying insects. If the use of these lights is necessary, consider replacing the bulbs with the yellowish LED models that have shown to be less attractive to insects.
- Always check bags, boxes, firewood, and other objects for pests before bringing them indoors.
- Remove unnecessary clutter in closets, basements, and attics that may serve as hiding places for spiders or the pests they consume.
When To Contact A Pest Controller For Expelling Types of Spiders In Florida
Too many local property owners attempt to take shortcuts by purchasing do-it-yourself treatment options from local stores or online retailers marketed as a “quick and simple” solution. Unfortunately, many of these individuals find that these sprays, traps, baiting stations, and other mass-marketed products can only yield short-term benefits and are often unable to oust serious pest infestations. A better course of action is to initially speak with a licensed pest controller that is prepared to get the job done right.
The experts with Trad’s Pest Control now offer year-round pest protection plans that are comprehensive and affordable. The first-tier option is the Basic Package Pest Control, which provides protection against ants, spiders, roaches, and other unwanted intruders common to this area. Consider upgrading to the Preferred Quarterly Pest Control plan that features four visits to the property from one of our skilled technicians to treat a wide variety of pests. The top-tier option is the Complete Quarterly Pest Control package that is a truly full-service solution to keep the premises pest-free all year long.
Team Of Experienced Pest Control Professionals
Since 1979, the seasoned technicians with Trad’s Pest Control have been delivering results for customers in this region that are struggling with termites, fleas, ants, and a host of other bothersome and potentially dangerous critters that infiltrate properties. We are also committed to ongoing training and education, which is evident from our earning the QualityPro certification from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). Because we remain active in local, state, and national programs coordinated by leaders in the industry, our team is equipped with many of the latest products that have emerged.
Contact the office today to schedule an onsite consultation. Keep in mind that we now offer online scheduling and make Saturday service calls for those with immediate needs.